Sunday, July 01, 2007

get me that old-time new-time music

Dan over at SoundSlope on the avant-garde, or the word, anyway. As with most of Dan's writing, it comes highly recommended. It dovetails nicely with a lot of what I've been thinking about lately. Coming soon, really...

Other stuff- it has been widely talked about, but if you haven't read the Washington Post's expose about Emporer Cheney, do your civic duty. Or at least as much of it as you can stomach...

Free summer concerts in Boston ain't what they used to be- I remember growing up hearing Ruth Brown, Jonatha Brooke, Hugh Masekela, Barenaked Ladies, Joe Lovano, Sarah McLaughlin, Brad Mehldau and many others out in the sunshine. Not so much these days. The best series I've seen so far this summer is from local AAA station WBOS. They do a free concert series each Thursday at Copley Place, with the highlight being my current guilty pleasure Fountains of Wayne. Better concert listings coming tomorrow.

Oh, and I linked to it before, and will again, but here's Sonny Rollins and Leonard Cohen. I've been really diggin on this lately.

No comments: