Saturday, July 28, 2007

building a machine that's not for me

Just in case I needed another reason to kill my television, CBS is broadcasting a video game tournament as part of its Sports Sunday package. WHAT? Were the rights to all the bridge games taken?

One of the games featured will be Guitar Hero, which I was just introduced to recently by some of my students. (The sight of twenty fairly competent high school musicians crowded around a TV to play a fake guitar was frankly depressing) Maybe I just don't appreciate hair bands enough, but I'm afraid I don't get it. With the amount of work it takes to get good at that game, you could probably learn to play half the crap on a real guitar.

I feel like an old crank writing this- I can feel my hairs turning grey as I write this. I think I'll go watch cartoons now...

No comments: