Friday, January 12, 2007

downward drooping dog

Yesterday, Baron Baptiste quietly announced that he will close his yoga studio in Boston on January 24. There are signs up in the studio, but it is not on the website yet. The studios in Cambridge and Brookline will stay open, and I believe Brookline will expand its schedule.

I am currently an employee of Baptiste, which precludes me from commenting further at present, except to say that I am sad to see it close- there are a lot of wonderful people I've met through there, and as with any breathing community, there's an energy there that won't quite be duplicated elsewhere, an energy I like. On the bright side, this is a good impetus to expand my personal yoga practice, and take some classes with teachers in town who I hear great things about, but have never actually encountered. And, of course, I'll blog about it.

No comments: