Saturday, December 09, 2006

arch-viceroies of old media

Behearer hits the old media in the New York Times Wednesday, courtesy of Nate Chinen. Welcome to those of you who are here for the first time thanks to that article. I hope you keep coming. For those of you who missed it the first time:

The pre-Behearer version of the list
my first suggestions
Steve Smith's passionate plea for John Carter
Darcy and the boys over at D-out have taken care of business- see sidebar.
Talyor Ho Bynum recently wrote a long post about Bill Dixon records, which is worth reading.

I could go on, but better to move forward. Dave mentioned the 90's a while back. While I think it's far too early, I'm currently slogging through my record collection listening to music that has been collecting dust for far to long and reporting back. Much of it is from that 90-00 bracket, so hopefully that will illuminate, well, something.

(This post will be the top post for the week, to accomodate the folks who come from the NYT. Another good idea brought to you by the Secret Society.)

2 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

Hello! I did see your article in NY Times so I had to see for myself. I've looked over your archives and I will definitely be back to visit. Music is a huge part of my life and it sometimes spills over into my blog. For example, (http://civileyes.blogspot.com/2006/10/poetry-bobby-timmons.html) I did this post in honor of Jazz pianist Bobby Timmons. I feel it's important for the public to know what's out there. Take care. Peace~

franceoil said...

wow, by chance i found this blog and wow... i think we shared some classes at NEC about three ou four years ago.

nice blog in any case