Sunday, April 26, 2009

Getting so much larger than life...

Congrats to two old comrades on some worthy recognition:

Darcy James Argue was featured this week in Newsweek as part of a piece about New Amsterdam Records.  I'm psyched for the new album to hit, so much so that I'll actually buy my own copy rather than crib a press one.  You should do likewise.   I hope none of this swells his head too much, and that he'll still let me crash on his couch occasionally...

Page one of the endangered Boston Globe featured the new indie film sensation "Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench", featuring none other than amazing local trumpeter Jason Palmer.  I am very blessed to work with Jason occasionally, and not surprisingly he's never mentioned the film to me- he's that kind of guy.  But he is an absolutely amazing player- I'm still in awe years later of just how much he kills my music every time he plays it.  By coincidence, I also have met Desire Garcia, the female lead, in academic circles.  Jason mentioned on his Facebook that he was trying to set up a Boston screening soon- I hope so.

No comments: