Sunday, January 06, 2008

New spaces for breath

I'll beef this up tomorrow (I've been building my new web page, which ate all my blogging time. With any luck, it goes up tomorrow!), but a few yoga notes:

- Two of my good friends and favorite teachers have new studios of their own! David Vendetti, one of my first yoga teachers in Boston, has opened a beautiful space in Southie, of all places, called (what else) South Boston Yoga. I was over there this weekend for opening festivities, and it's a wonderful space- complete with a really cool Iyengar wall and every prop imaginable- full of beautiful people.

And one of my running buddies at Baptiste, Brandon Compagnone, is days from opening his studio in Northampton, MA, Shiva Shakti Power Yoga. Brandon was Baptiste's most popular teacher when he was teaching there, and his crazy, beautiful energy is infectious. (And his classes are really hard) If you're in the neighborhood out there check it.

- As for me, my yoga teaching schedule is set for the next while. I'm teaching primarily for the Beacon Hill Athletic Clubs, in Wellesley on Monday nights and on Comm Ave on Sunday mornings. If you aren't a member and would like to come, shoot me an e-mail. I'm at the point where any and all feedback on my teaching is most welcome.

UPDATE: Brandon called me yesterday, and he is opening on Monday January 21. (His exact words were actually "Donaher, you &#*@, I'm ^&@*#%n open!" I love that guy...)

No comments: