Friday, January 11, 2008

Going to the hidden place

Greetings from NYC, where I'm going one of what's becoming my patented two days hits. Happily, I happened to come the one weekend the Knitting Factory decided to have jazz, their "winter festival." AND, tonight, it's Meshell N'Degeocello. I somehow have to juggle it with watching some part of the all important Patriots/Jaguars game, but I'll manage.

Anyhow, the Knit hasn't released a schedule, but somehow I got it. For $25 for the whole night, you can't beat it. Highlights in my book (which, of course, overlap):

7pm Bjorkestra- mainspace
7:20 Matana Roberts COIN COIN- tap bar
7:40 Donny McCaslin- old office
9- Dave Douglas Magic Circle- main space
10:20- Ben Allison & Man Size Safe- tap bar
11- David Murray, mainspace
11:40- Brad Shepik- old office
1am- Chris Dave Trio- mainspace
1:20- Omar Avital- tap bar

3:15 am- my train leaves for Boston. Should be fun...

No comments: