Monday, May 22, 2006

looking in

I am meeting David Rypshien, curator of the thoughtful Settled in Shipping blog, for lunch today to trade notes about our cruise ship Xs. He is on the ship that started this blog in the first place, so I'm interested to see how things are back there. I can almost guarantee that the shows, the food, and the comedians haven't improved any. Of course, I'll report back with anything interesting.

EDIT: Had a very pleasant lunch, but nothing explosive, I´m afraid. We talked a lot about the preeminent importance of the drummer in any groove-based (in the broadest sense of the word) ensemble, a place where his cruise band is sorely lacking at the moment. And he hipped me to a store in Miami that has a huge selection of CDs and DVDs of Cuban and Brazilian art-pop. Anyone who cares e-mail me.

No comments: