Monday, December 01, 2008

Gigs to see in December

You must see: Wayne Shorter Quartet at Berklee, this Wednesday, 12/3. (Guys, is $44 for the upper balcony really necessary? C'mon!) I bought my tickets on Friday, and it looked like it may sell out. I wrote about the quartet in my Newport blog- an absolute must see.

Otherwise, while January looks promising, December is a little slow. But the highlights:

12/3 "The Final Task" big band @ Lily Pad
12/4 Flatlands Collective @ Lily Pad
12/7 Allan Chase New Quartet @ Lily Pad
12/12 Karyn Allison @ Scullers
12/14 Mike Gamble @ Lily Pad

I have to say the Sunday nights Gil is putting together at the Lily Pad are definitely worth checking out- good house bands, and a lot of interesting guests.

12/31 First Night Boston features the Makada Project. And many other cool things.

No comments: