Monday, June 02, 2008

'cause I missed you something fierce...

Blogging has been nonexistent lately, since in the past month I've taught my first to extended yoga workshops, hosted Johnny Carcrash (thanks to the folks who came, sound clips to come) and found a new apartment. Along with the usual nonsense. But, with the school year winding down and the summer music scene heating up (well, relatively), I'm hoping to get a little more blogging done.

I realize a lot of these are old news, but while I was out, here's what captured my attention in blogdonia. If you haven't looked, check it:

- Mike McGinnis wants to know about teaching improvised music. I want to write something substantial about this, since it's a question I ponder a lot teaching.
- Ethan Iverson hearts Lennie Tristano. Okay, it's a lot more complicated than that, and a great piece.
- Darcy examines fanservice. I was a comic book geek too at one point, but trying to read Grant Morrison's current epic Final Crisis I get nothing but pissed off at how clueless I am. I can't imagine what it's like for someone who's never read it. Also probably why I never dug Smalls all that much...
- D-Out on Power Tools. The picture made me think of Sean Bell. Damn...

More to come...

No comments: