Monday, February 18, 2008

Pat Donaher Sells Out! This Saturday at the Lily Pad

Sell*out- Informal. a person who compromises his or her personal values, integrity, talent, or the like, for money or personal advancement. (from dictionary.com)

That's right, despite six years of conservatory training, many hours spent playing Bach suites and Hanon exercises, years of playing very strange noises in artistic, underground hipster venues, it's come down to the Bangles. And Journey. And (gasp) maybe even the Monkees. I'll be pandering to the masses with these chestnuts this Saturday night in Cambridge. For a mere $10, you can be part of the debasement...

I'm kidding, of course; this was going to be a Johnny Carcrash gig, but we had to push that back due to scheduling constraints, so I thought it'd be fun to do something a little less intense and compositional than my last few outings. And I needed an adversising gimmick. As I've said before, I'm totally down with covering pop tunes, and at this point one could argue that the Beatles, who we'll also cover, are well ensconsed in the jazz songbook. But the band is happening, and I hope you'll check out all the merriment.

Pat Donaher Quartet
featuring Kai Ando and Jakub Rojek
Saturday, Feb, 23, 7:30pm
Lily Pad, 1353 Cambridge Street
$10 cover

No comments: